May 4, 2020
As we resume home energy projects during the COVID-19 pandemic through out the San Francisco Bay Area, Building Efficiency is committed to following the safety protocols as laid out in Health Order issued by San Francisco and the six Bay Area counties, and guidelines and protocols issued by the CDC and OSHA.
For every job site Building Efficiency workers will wear proper PPE at all times and will abide by the following protocols as described in the Health Order:
1. Do not touch your face with unwashed hands or with gloves.
2. Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
3. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as work stations, keyboards, telephones, handrails, machines, shared tools, elevator control buttons, and doorknobs.
4. Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, or cough or sneeze into the crook of your arm at your elbow/sleeve.
5. Do not enter the jobsite if you have a fever, cough, or other COVID-19 symptoms. If you feel sick, or have been exposed to anyone who is sick, stay at home.
6. Constantly observe your work distances in relation to other staff. Maintain the recommended minimum six feet at all times when not wearing the necessary PPE for working in close proximity to another person.
7. Do not carpool to and from the jobsite with anyone except members of your own household unit, or as necessary for workers who have no alternative means of transportation.
8. Do not share phones or PPE.
These protocols will be posted in a visible area for all workers and visitors to follow at every job site.
In addition to these safety protocols, we are frequently screening our workers for symptoms of COVID-19. Each employee is directed to stay home and not come into work if any symptoms are present and sick leave available as needed.
We want to help you complete your home energy project but we also want to provide a safe job area and mitigate the risks for infection for workers and residents. Your health and wellbeing is important to us as is the entire community and San Francisco Bay Area.